Hey everyone! Today we're officially announcing a new coaching option from Caliber, something that we’ve been working on for the past few months.
As many of you know, early last year we decided to release a completely free version of the Caliber app, without paywalling any app functionality or running 3rd party ads. The response to the free app has been amazing, and it’s been a real pleasure to have such an active, engaged community here that is meaningfully contributing to the direction of our roadmap.
That said, Caliber originally started as a 1-on-1 coaching company, and our coaching program is how we earn money to support what we’re doing on the free side. While we’re incredibly proud of the results that our coaching clients regularly achieve, the reality is that 1-on-1 coaching can be expensive, and we’ve had more requests than I can count for a more budget-friendly coaching option.
This is why we decided to develop a new coaching experience, which we’re calling Caliber Pro.
Unlike our 1-on-1 coaching program, Pro is a group coaching concept. As part of Pro, you’ll have access to a team of coaches in a private group, available throughout the day, to provide guidance, motivation, and support.
Here’s a quick summary of what Pro includes:
- Regularly updated workout plans, designed by your team of coaches
- Expert guidance around your workouts, diet, and recovery
- Feedback on your exercise form, using our form video submission feature
- Daily motivation from your coaching team
- Answers to all of your fitness questions
We're launching Pro at $19 per month, along with a 1 week free trial so that you can test it out for yourself.
Here are some additional details around how Pro works:
- We are launching with 4 Pro groups, focused on different experience levels, equipment, and goals. We expect to build out more Pro groups over time as well.
- You can change your Pro group at any time.
- New Pro workout plans are released monthly. This strikes a balance between effective workout programming considerations and regular exercise variety.
- When you download a Pro workout plan, it’s yours forever - even if you shift back to the free version of the app.
Finally, we wanted to reiterate that we’re just as committed as ever to our vision for the free app. In fact, much of our upcoming roadmap is focused on developing even more free features and other improvements (workout sharing and custom exercises, just to name a few).
If you’re interested in giving Pro a try, you can sign up for a trial by tapping the Upgrade button at the top of the app. And as always, let us know if you have any questions or feedback!